The Diocese of Brentwood
The Diocese of Essex was formed on 22 March 1917 by the division of the Archdiocese of Westminster; and the Diocese of Brentwood was erected by the Bull, Universalis Ecclesiae Procratio, of 20 July 1917.
The Diocese consists of the Administrative County of Essex, the Unitary Authorities of Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock and the London Boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
Patrons of the Diocese
Our Lady of Lourdes, 11 February
St Edmund of Canterbury, 16 November; St Erconwald, 13 May; St Cedd, 26 October.