RAINBOWS Bereavement Support is an international not-for-profit organisation, offering training and programmes for establishing peer support groups in schools and social agencies.
Age-relevant programmes are available for children and young people grieving a death, divorce or any other significant loss. They enable people to work through the grief process.
RAINBOWS Bereavement Support helps by:
• training adult facilitators to support peer groups and provide books and activities which form a structured programme to lead participants gently through the grieving process;
• providing a safe setting in which participants can talk through their feelings with others who are experiencing similar situations. They are helped to articulate their feelings by an adult facilitator or listener;
• supporting the participants to re-build self-esteem;
• enabling participants to name, understand and come to terms with the many emotions they experience;
• reassuring those who have anxieties or feelings of guilt;
• encouraging participants to move towards forgiving those people whom they feel have caused their pain.
Download information about the RAINBOWS Programmes
Download 'When Somebody Dies' - Initial Procedures for Schools
Download - 'Useful books and resources'
Download Information on CD-ROM Resource - 'When Somebody Dies...'
For further information, please contact:
Mr Derek Kelly