Support for teachers in Catholic schools to complement other aspects of the Early Career Framework. This course is suitable for both first year ECT’s and second year ECT’s who have not previously attended this course.
Rationale: For staff to have a greater understanding of their role in working in a Catholic school and to help the school fulfil its Catholic mission.
- To welcome ECTS in to our Brentwood Diocesan family.
- For all staff to understand the Core Purpose, Aims and Ambition of Catholic Schools.
- For all staff to feel confident in supporting the Catholic ethos and in leading the required elements of Catholic schooling including the spirituality of every aspect of the school day.
- For all staff to participate fully in the Catholic Life of the School.
- For all staff to be aware of the role of the Diocese and the Education (BDES) team including an understanding of the Diocesan roles and how they support schools and individuals.
To book your place please complete this form.
Please ensure each ECT signs up individually using the ProForms link provided.
6 in person sessions to run from September 2023 to July 2024.
Each ECT has access to 1 session per half term:
|Session 1:||Tuesday 26th September 2023, 09:30 – 12:00 OR 13:00 – 15:30|
|What does a Catholic school classroom look like?|
|Session 2:||Tuesday 14th November 2023, 09:30 – 12:00 OR 13:00 – 15:30|
|Outstanding RE including creativity and Assessment|
|Session 3:||Tuesday 23rd January 2024, 09:30 – 12:00 OR 13:00 – 15:30|
|Prayer and Liturgy|
|Session 4:||Tuesday 12th March 2024, 09:30 – 12:00 OR 13:00 – 15:30|
|Catholic Social Teaching and a history of Catholic Education|
|Session 5:||Tuesday 21st May 2024, 09:30 – 12:00 OR 13:00 – 15:30|
|Session 6:||Tuesday 2nd July 2024, 13:00 – 15:30|
|Next steps and Celebration|
|Diocesan Secondary School Link Adviser||Cathy McKenna (Secondary)|
|Consultant Diocesan Primary School Link Adviser||Helen Dudley-Smith (Primary)|
|Education Administrator||Lisa Gunther (Admin)|