Support for teachers in Catholic schools to complement other aspects of the Early Career Framework. This course is suitable for both first year ECT’s and second year ECT’s who have not previously attended this course.
Rationale: For staff to have a greater understanding of their role in working in a Catholic school and to help the school fulfil its Catholic mission.
- To welcome ECTS in to our Brentwood Diocesan family.
- For all staff to understand the Core Purpose, Aims and Ambition of Catholic Schools.
- For all staff to feel confident in supporting the Catholic ethos and in leading the required elements of Catholic schooling including the spirituality of every aspect of the school day.
- For all staff to participate fully in the Catholic Life of the School.
- For all staff to be aware of the role of the Diocese and the Education (BDES) team including an understanding of the Diocesan roles and how they support schools and individuals.
To book your place please complete this form.
Please ensure each ECT signs up individually using the ProForms link provided.
3 sessions to run each term of the 2023/24 academic year.
|Hub||Venue||Time||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3|
|Hub 1||St Thomas More High School, Southend-on-Sea||14:00 – 16:30||26th September 2023||23rd January 2024||14th May 2024|
|Hub 2||St Bonaventure’s School, Forest Gate||14:00 – 16:30||27th September 2023||24th January 2024||11th June 2024|
|Hub 3||Holy Family Catholic School & Sixth Form, Walthamstow||14:00 – 16:30||3rd October 2023||30th January 2024||21st May 2024|
|Hub 4||Cathedral House Conference Hall, Brentwood||14:00 – 16:30||4th October 2023||31st January 2024||22nd May 2024|
|Cathy McKenna (Secondary)|
|John Adams (Secondary)|
|Lisa Gunther (Edication Admin)|