Support for teachers in Catholic schools to complement other aspects of the Early Career Framework.
Rationale: For staff to have a greater understanding of their role in working in a Catholic school and to help the school fulfil its Catholic mission.
- To welcome NQTS in to our Brentwood Diocesan family.
- For all staff to understand the Core Purpose, Aims and Ambition of Catholic Schools.
- For all staff to feel confident in supporting the Catholic ethos and in leading the required elements of Catholic schooling including the spirituality of every aspect of the school day.
- For all staff to participate fully in the Catholic Life of the School.
- For all staff to be aware of the role of the Diocese and the Education (BDES) team including an understanding of the Diocesan roles and how they support schools and individuals.
To book your place please complete this form.
Please ensure each NQT signs up individually using the ProForms link provided.
Primary Session 3: Tuesday 2nd March 9:30 – 12 noon OR 1-3:30pm.
7 sessions to run from November 2020 to October 2021.
Each NQT will have access to 1 session per half term and membership of a consistent group to ensure support.
Subsequent sessions will be:
27th April 2021
13th July 2021
Sessions in the next academic year are to be confirmed.
Subjects to be covered across the whole series include:
- The distinctive nature of Catholic schools.
- What does a Catholic school classroom look like?
- Outstanding teaching (including the Come and See programme and RE across the Curriculum).
- Expectations and Practical ideas about Collective Worship.
- Background to Catholic education.
- Partnerships including those with Parish, Parents and Governors.
- Careers Progression.
- Foundation governors and the role of governors in Catholic schools.