Support for teachers in Catholic schools to complement other aspects of the Early Career Framework. This course is suitable for both first year ECT’s and second year ECT’s who have not previously attended this course.
Rationale: For staff to have a greater understanding of their role in working in a Catholic school and to help the school fulfil its Catholic mission.
- To welcome ECTS in to our Brentwood Diocesan family.
- For all staff to understand the Core Purpose, Aims and Ambition of Catholic Schools.
- For all staff to feel confident in supporting the Catholic ethos and in leading the required elements of Catholic schooling including the spirituality of every aspect of the school day.
- For all staff to participate fully in the Catholic Life of the School.
- For all staff to be aware of the role of the Diocese and the Education (BDES) team including an understanding of the Diocesan roles and how they support schools and individuals.
To book your place please complete this form.
Please ensure each ECT signs up individually using the ProForms link provided.
6 sessions to run from September 2022 to June 2023 face to face
Each ECT has access to 1 session per half term:
|Session 1:||Tuesday 27th September, 13:00 – 15:30 OR Wednesday 28th September 2023, 09:30 – 12:00|
|R.E. across the curriculum|
|Session 2:||Tuesday 15th November, 13:00 – 15:30 OR Wednesday 16th November 2023, 09:30 – 12:00|
|Prayer and Liturgy|
|Session 3:||Tuesday 24th January 2023, 13:00 – 15:30 OR Wednesday 25th January 2023, 09:30 – 12:00|
|Outstanding teaching and learning in a Catholic context|
|Session 4:||Tuesday 14th March 2023, 09:30 – 12:00 OR Tuesday 14th March 2023, 13:00 – 15:30
|Catholic Social Teaching and a history of Catholic Education|
|Session 5:||Tuesday 16th May 2023, 13:00 – 15:30 OR Wednesday 17th May 2023, 09:30 – 12:00|
|Session 6:||Tuesday 4th July 2023, 13:00 – 15:30 OR Wednesday 5th July 2023, 09:30|
|Next steps and Celebration|
|Cathy McKenna (Secondary)|
|Helen Dudley-Smith (Primary)|
|Lisa Gunther (Education Admin)|