- The purpose of this module is to help participants develop the skills of moral decision making, to examine Christian teaching in its relation to the universal search for what constitutes “human good”, and to explore the application of Christian understanding to some contemporary moral issues.
- Have a knowledge of the foundations of Christian morality and an understanding of the role of the Church as moral teacher;
- Recognise the importance of individual conscience and understand what is involved in the formation of Christian conscience;
- Be able to appreciate and respect different, yet conscientiously held, positions in regard to moral questions;
- Be able to communicate what they have learned from an adult stance.
The Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies (CCRS) is an eight module programme managed and awarded by the Board of Religious Studies on behalf of the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales. Any person who is or wishes to be involved in Catholic education and formation may apply for this course. This includes those involved in Religious Education in schools, Parish Catechesis and other ministries in the Church. The course seeks to ensure that participants have at least a basic knowledge and understanding of the beliefs of the Catholic Faith.
The course aims to:
- Provide teachers, those involved in parish ministry and other ministry contexts with knowledge and understanding of the teaching and beliefs of the Catholic Faith;
- Develop an appreciation of the principles of Catholic education at all levels;
- Employ and encourage sound adult educational processes which express central values of Catholic Life;
- Enhance understanding of education within the Church as a life-long process;
- Enable all participants to make an informed contribution to their chosen field of ministry within the Church.
The course can be completed within one academic year providing the specific number of dedicated hours of study have been achieved for each module (lecture & tutorial) and the module assignment has received a minimum of a pass grade. Those studying for the CCRS have a maximum of five years to complete the course. The entire course costs £400 per person which includes registration with the National Board of Religious Studies.
For further information including links to the registration form, please click here.