Most of us have been challenged at some point to speak about or defend our faith. This could have been whilst in the pub, having a chat with our friends or even with other people who go to church. At times, it can be difficult to find the correct words or courage to speak out. To help with this, St Theresa’s in Stansted Mountfitchet will be hosting a series of talks presented by Catholic Voices. At the heart of the talks is a method called Reframe, which aims at avoiding the defensiveness and self-defeating responses which many of us instinctively deploy in the face of hostility.
The five talks will take place at St Theresa of Lisieux RC Church (High Lane, Stansted Mountfitchet, CM24 8LQ) during Advent, starting at 7pm.
- 20 November: How to defend our faith without raising your voice
- 27 November: Amoris Laetitia: A Vision for Marriage and the Family
- 4 December: Mercy and the Migrant Crisis
- 11 December: What’s wrong with Assisted Suicide?
- 18 December: Top ten principles for civil communication when defending the faith
Arrive for light refreshments at 7pm, talks start at 7:30pm. Cost: free
Please register at: https://www.sttheresastansted.org/events