At this webinar governors will be able to:
• gain an understanding of who typically owns the land/buildings in both voluntary aided schools and academies
• learn about ways to improve sites and premises; the difference between capital and revenue funding and how schools have access to each
• find out about responsibilities of school leaders with respect to the maintenance of Diocesan schools
• hear explanations of statutory maintenance and planned preventative maintenance and the reports available to governing bodies to ensure compliance and good practice
• learn more about asbestos and other health and safety issues.
There will be an opportunity to have questions answered – these may be submitted to the Diocese in advance of each course.
Facilitator: David Gatheral, Diocesan Buildings Development Officer