Maryvale Institute International Catholic College (Birmingham) is advertising an Open Day on Saturday 7 May. While this open day is particularly aimed at those interested in the Ecclesiastical Bachelor of Divinity degree-level course, the college would also welcome anyone interested in studying from its wide range of Further Education, undergraduate and post-graduate courses (http://www.maryvale.ac.uk/study-with-us.html).
Maryvale House, named by Blessed John Henry Newman when it was his first home as a Catholic, is now the home of the Institute, a distance-learning college whose mission is to support the dioceses of the UK (and beyond) in fostering the spiritual and personal development of their parishioners, whether they be seeking personal growth, professional development or training for a special ministry in the Church.
Maryvale offers distance-learning courses for all: it can help those faced with the challenge of parish ministry or evangelisation, involved in adult or child catechesis, or those hoping to stretch their academic capacity at masters or doctoral level.
- On the day, visitors will be able to:
- Speak to tutors about the Bachelor of Divinity course and support available
- Talk to current BDiv students about their experience
- Visit Maryvale House, home of Blessed John Henry Newman
- Visit the Sacred Heart Chapel (a designated place of pilgrimage for the Jubilee Year of Mercy
- …and much more.
Visits can take place between 11.00am –1.00pm or 2.00pm – 4.00pm.
Any questions about the course can to be sent [email protected]