In 2015, Pope Francis published his ground-breaking letter on the environment Laudato Si’. Since then, millions of people worldwide have joined the global movement to address the environmental crisis our world is facing. This Lent, the Global Catholic Movement is inviting you to join it for a series of reflective evenings with inspiring speakers, prayer and discussion, using the film-based resource “Global Healing”. These engaging documentaries will inform and challenge people to respond to Pope Francis’ call to Care for Our Common Home. Suitable for all who are concerned about what is happening to our world and who want to take action.
When? Six Thursdays from 18 February – 25 March 2021, 7.30pm – 8.30pm
Hosted by GCCM Laudato Si’ Animators in the UK.
“Living our vocation to be protectors of God’s handiwork is essential to a life of virtue; it is not an optional or secondary aspect of our Christian experience…Truly, much can be done!” (Laudato Si’, 217, 180)
Speakers for Global Healing Lenten Series:
- Thursday 18 February 2021 Global Healing Episode 1: Bishop John Arnold, Salford Diocese and Bishop for the Environment.
- Thursday 25 Feb 2021 Global Healing Episode 2: Jane Mellett (Global Catholic Climate Movement).
- Thursday 4 March 2021 Global Healing Episode 3: Dr. Emma Gardner (Head of Environment, Salford Diocese)
- Thursday 11 March Global Caring Episode 4: Sr. Shirley Aeria, (FMDM). Sr. Shirley has lived and worked in Australia, Ireland, Malaysia, Nigeria and UK both as educator in schools and leadership roles in the congregation at various times. Since embracing the message of Pope Francis’ encyclical, ‘Laudato Si’, she is now more involved in conservation ministry.
- Thursday 18 March Global Caring Episode 5: Graham Gordon, Head of Public Policy, CAFOD.
- Thursday 25 March Global Caring Episode 6. Live Simply Parish Speaker.
For more information about this area of Catholic life and faith have a look at www.catholicclimatemovement.global